Monday, June 14, 2010

Staging

Flight today was at 7:05 from Detroit to good ole PA, pretty fast flight but I was dying bc I got NO sleep whats so ever!! Got to the gate and realized that there are 4 people from the Detroit area that is also going to Tz with me (theres like 7 of us from MI definitly the best represented state)!!... We got to the hotel and started the 5 hour meetings where we discussed our feelings and just got to know one another. It was a LONG LONG day but in the end it was super cool to meet everyone (about 40 of us) and realize people have the same questions that you do and that packing was def a problem with everyone!!! It is so amazing to be with people who share the same zeal for service as I do and I believe that it will be an amazing 27months.... Tomorrow we are leaving the hotel at 5:30am and heading to a federal building in NYC for people to get their yellow fever shots then off to the airport where we are flying to Zurich then to Tz.... but I am dead tired so I am getting to bed! BIG DAY TOMORROW!!... Keep us in your prayers!!
Amy

5 comments:

  1. Amy, You are so close to your dream. How excited are you?!?! =) I am so proud of you and I cannot wait to keep reading, I hope you can charge your computer lol I wish all your prayers come true, please come back safe!

    <33 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its the coolest thing that you are living your faith. There are times in my life where I feel nothing can be done to change the world. the kids I work with are so fragile in so many ways and I think of the horrible things that have happened to them to get to that point of chaos... than I remember a simple saying "be the change you wish to see in the world" and I remember trully what is important... that every day I spend working to help those in need, in turn may be the best thing that has happened to them in their entire life... and now I see you on your way to do something huge... something big! I am so very proud of you and greatful for what God has done in your life. It really is a blessing to know people of your character. May the Lord bless you and keep you... may he always shine brightly upon your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I am glad to hear that your travels are going well and I hope that your trips continues this way. I will be thinking about you constantly, hoping and praying that you are safe and enjoying yourself. It is also good to know that you will be traveling and working with people who are just as driven and awesome as you are (maybe not AS awesome as YOU, but close). Make some new life long friendships but never forget about the ones who already love you so much! Good luck. Now go save the world!

    <3 Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Smith!! I thought of you today, I meant to get in touch with you before you left...but obviously I didn't! I am so excited for you as you embark on your journey! I will most definitely be reading your blog, you know me, I always had lots of questions for you. I am so proud of you, you are going to do great in Tanzania! I can't wait to keep reading. Hope all is going well so far. I will keep you in my prayers every night:)

    ReplyDelete