Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy life

2-21-10
So I have been busy busy trying to make a full schedule for the next month or two and I have found that it will be a busy next few months! My villagers want to learn English and has been asking since the day that I got here so that is starting March 1st and the middle school health club mixed with a pseudo-Big Brothers Big Sisters is set to start March 3rd. The plan is to have the English class once a week on Tuesday (after my English and health classes that I teach at the bible college), then every Wednesday have a health club meeting. The local secondary school (where my sitemate lives) and I will meet once a month (on the 3rd Saturday) with our health clubs to try out Big Brothers Big Sisters. Our plan is to have topics for discussion, ie goal setting, then just give time for the kids to form relationships and have fun. Lewis University Athletics has also written letters to the kids with some good advice for goal setting (BIG THANK YOU). So that puts me and teaching preschool M-F, teaching health and English to the Bible college T&TR, teaching English to the villagers T and running the health club on Wednesdays. BUSY BUSY!!
This past weekend has been one of the most relaxing, fun and just down right American weekends that I have had in awhile! A group of us from the Njombe area got into cars of some expats in the area and drove down to a lake house for a birthday party. The expats here are a group of close knit people who have really embraced us as friends which is awesome because you can always have more friends! So at the lake house we were able to go out on the jet ski and kneeboard and ski behind it all awhile eating AMAZING food! They bbq’d a goat and 5 marinated chickens on top of many side dishes! The party went late into the night and just was a good ole time. The next morning at the expats house there was coffee and an amazing flat screen tv with a great satellite. I know, it cant get any better right? It can! We then had the opportunity for a hot shower and an amazing breakfast, which included fried eggs, bacon, sausage and toast! I know I know AMAZING!! After our great breakfast it was back out on the water for it was a beautiful day full of sunlight and more great food!…. Times like these are such a blessing for me and I am so happy I was able to go! Getting back to the village today and getting down to work! LOVE AND MISS YALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment