Monday, July 12, 2010

New Photos


The side of my house and Jaz running from me!


My super cute house

View from within my house looking out to the courtyard… the baby is my niece Jasmine

Mboni my nephew mudi in the middle.. neighbor Jamal on the right and a random on the left

My 13yr old helper Mboni

The crowd of kids that follow us everywhere and Justin my neighbor (he is from Michigan too)

The view by Tylers house

OUR FINISHED GARDEN!!! Beans corn kasava papaya spinach and lemon grass!!


Getting our permagarden started!! It was a lot of work but it was a good experience! We had to clear a lot of grass and other things but its good soil and water flows there really well… The point of digging so much is so that we have water control which is the main thing when doing a garden in an area where water is not readily available!


Today me my mama my cuz, tyler his 2 bros and their friend, maren and a random all went to Tyler’s family farm then we walked to my mamas fam which is all amazing and HUGE… imagine walking through a forest of palm trees and seeing corn everywhere lol and that is what a farm here looks like! I didn’t have my memory card in my camera so I only took a few pix and I cant even upload them wiithout a plug that I didn’t bring of course! But we then walked to where my baba (dad) was making charcoal because I guess he is an expert charcoal maker, anyway we sat under a tree and ate sugar cane and papya and mangos!!... then on the walk home we stopped at my mamas other farm which is all oranges… Tyler lives in the middle of his orange farm … Pretty much my family has to have money I decided bc we have a lot of land with a lot of oranges and other foods!! But it is so hot here lol… I sweat through my pants but don’t worry I had a kanga on to cover my swamp ass! But the kanga thing is already old bc it is too dang hot! .. But tomorrow Justin and I are running to Maren and Tylers house and then back with them to my house and then Justin and I will be done and they will run back … I might die given the fact I haven’t run in like a million years but I am thinking it will be good but we are leaving here at 5:45 so I have time to shower and get ready b4 school … For school tomorrow we were saposta cook our own lunch and have a little bit of a free day but cooking got cancelled so we decided to go into town (Tanga) because we haven’t been there yet! I hear there is a pizzeria woo hoo CHEESE!! But I am planning on sending this then! I really do miss y’all and this is the hardest thing Ive ever done but I am hoping that with time and more language it will get easier! Its hard to try and figure everything out all of the time in a language and culture you really don’t know too much about!! Say some prayers for me
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! they way you described things, it sounds beautiful sweetie ;-) If there is anything you in needs of please email me hetterc@charter.net and it will be on its way!! Stay safe sweetie, love you always aunt cyndi xo ps prayers are said everymorning for you and your friends ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete