Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Blog

After a year of stalking peace corps blogs I have finally decided it was time to make my own. I am leaving June 14th 2010 to be a "Health Education Extension" worker in Tanzania for the peace corps and I couldn't be more excited. I wrote a lot of journals when I was in Kenya last summer and I all in all it was a great way to show people what I was up to.



I am so excited for this new chapter in my life but man it is going to be a serious transition! I have done a lot of traveling over the years but never longer than a month away from the good ole US of A but I am ready for the challenge. I am a bit worried to be leaving given the fact I have found a great community of friends over my years at Lewis University and not to mention leaving my family but hey we all need to grow up some time.



I hope to develop great relationships over there and in order for me to do that I must be open to their culture and be willing to change and I really do think I am ready for that.... with graduation around the corner I am ready for change and the peace corps is going to supply that I am sure lol ...



28 days left and I am shipping slash flying out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment